If you’re like me, then you’re probably obsessed with doing everything you can to try and better your lifestyle. When it comes to living a busy life with work, kids, travel and everything else in between, it can be tough to keep your diet healthy and continue to get all of the things you need. For a busy lifestyle, you need to make sure that you have an easy way to keep healthy and sea greens are a great way to do so.
When you have a busy life, sea greens are a great option to turn to thanks to the nutritional benefit and the ease of consuming them. After turning to plenty of other options and having no luck, I found sea greens to be the best alternative to supply my body with the health benefits it needs. Below are three of the many sea greens that you can use to better your life and you’ll learn all about how each one can help you.
The first green to mention is known as Spirulina. This is a type of seagreen that is actually a biomass of cyanobacteria and it is often consumed by both humans and other animals. It’s makeup consists of nearly 60% protein and is going to be a great source of plenty of nutrients such as B vitamins, manganese and iron.
As with most sea greens and other superfoods that you are going to find, there are countless benefits to using the product and it’s going to affect you in mostly positive ways, despite a few possible negative side effects. For Spirulina, some of the benefits that you are going to find are outlined in the next paragraph but remember, there are so many more benefits than just what is listed below.
- Spirulina can detox heavy metals that enter your body including arsenic, which leads to chronic arsenic toxicity, one of the bigger problems people might face.
- Spirulina can actually lower the intimal aortic surface by nearly 50% in some cases which is going to help decrease your chance of a stroke.
- Spirulina is going to help provide you with a clean, natural energy boost that can help you power through the day without adding any artificial substances
- Spirulina maintains lean tissue and works to burn fat because it takes more energy for you to metabolize thanks to the high protein content.
- Spirulina is going to help to reduce inflammation in your body, particularly and inflammation that leads to sinus problems, thus reducing most sinus issues for a lot of people.
How To Get More In Your Diet
Since you aren’t going to find spirulina occurring naturally in a lot of the foods you already eat, one of the best ways that you can get this sea green into your diet is through a supplement. It is going to be the most efficient way to do so and it is also probably the easiest way for most people. Additionally, you could try adding spirulina to a smoothie that you drink in the morning. On it’s own, spirulina is pretty terrible in taste, but when you combine it with the fruits in the smoothie, the taste will be cut out. However, it is important to note that even just a little bit of spirulina is going to change the color of your smoothie to a dark green color.
When it comes to recommending a brand of spirulina for you to purchase, I recommend considering Earthrise Spirulina Natural Powder. It is going to be one of the highest quality spirulina powders that you will find and it comes from Earthrise, which has the largest spirulina farm in the world located in California. They take precise care and caution when it comes to growing the spirulina so you can rest easy knowing that you are going to get a healthy spirulina that packs in a ton of benefits.
The second sea green to mention is chlorella, which is a single-cell green algae that can be a great food course because it’s makeup when dried consists of 45% protein, 20% carbohydrates, 20% fat, 10% minerals and vitamins and 5% fiber. This particular green is also plentiful when it comes to calories and vitamins and you’re going to find that it is typically mass produced in large artificial ponds.
Similar to spirulina, there are countless benefits when it comes to using this product on a daily basis. Of course, it is going to offer some of the same benefits that you expect from any green or superfood but it also offers even more than that. Below are some of the most popular benefits offered by chlorella that are going to apply to the majority of people.
- Similar to spirulina as it was discussed above, you’re going to see that chlorella is going to help detoxify the heavy metals that exist in your body for numerous reasons. By regularly adding chlorella to your diet, you will find that it will keep the metals from accumulating in the body.
- If you happen to be exposed to radiation or chemotherapy, then the high levels of chlorophyll found in chlorella is going to help protect the body against these treatments by removing those radioactive particles.
- Chlorella works to actively boost the cell activity in your body, which in turn helps to support a healthy immune system at all times.
- Chlorella can also be a great way to start looking younger. It helps to reduce the oxidative stress that causes aging as a result of pollution stress or a poor diet. With a regular supply, you will look noticeably younger.
- Lastly, chlorella can actually help to lower the cholesterol and the blood glucose levels in your body if you take a regular does each day.
How To Get More In Your Diet
Once again, you are going to find that one of the best ways for you to add this into your diet is by taking a supplement usually in tablet or capsule form. However, you could always use the powdered version of it and then you can add it to water or juice or even to your smoothies and other food items you are going to eat. Either way, you’re going to get the same health benefits, it’s just a matter of how you are getting the chlorella.
If you’re looking to buy a chlorella supplement and you want to find one of the better brands that you will find, then you might want to go with NOW Foods organic chlorella. It is certified organic and it comes rich in all of the essential superfoods and greens that you are going to want. It is also one of the more reasonably priced options so you won’t have to worry about breaking the bank just to buy some greens.
Phytoplankton are autotrophic components of the entire plankton community and they play a crucial part in the ecosystems of oceans, seas and some freshwater basins as well. They are typically incredibly small and are not easily seen by the naked eye unless they are in a large group together.
As you have probably figured out by now, there are a lot of benefits when it comes to phytoplankton and some of the benefits are outlined below.
- Everybody knows the saying an apple a day keeps the doctor away but phytoplankton is going to do an even better job of that as it can help to protect against the common cold or more serious diseases.
- Phytoplankton helps to support your natural detox system ebecause it is loaded with goodness and is great for your body.
- Thanks to the nutritional profile and the multiple antioxidants, phytoplankton can make a big difference in the health of your heart.
- Consuming phytoplankton on a regular basis is a great way to boost your brain because it improves your mental clarity and focus and improves your mood and calms your nerves at the same time.
- Phytoplankton is also a great option when it comes to pain relief or chronic pain because it helps to reduce inflammation and irritations and can help to eliminate discomfort you experience from arthritis or other ailments.
How To Get More In Your Diet
Like the other two greens that were talked about above, you’re going to find that phytoplankton is going to be tough to find in foods so you are going to want to buy a supplement in tablet or capsule form and take it that way. If you prefer to addit to your smoothie, juice, water or other food or drink, you can consider a powder form that will be easy for you to ingest when you need to.
When it comes to phytoplankton, one of the best brands that I can recommend is my person favorite, Karen Phytoplankton. This particular company specializes in just phytoplankton and they are sure to deliver you the product that you want at all times. It is 100% pure phytoplankton and you will have no problem using this product on a daily basis.
My Favourite Sea Greens Smoothie Recipe
Spirulina Smoothie via Deliciously Ella
Makes one glass
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup of frozen blueberries
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1 cup of kale
- 3/4 of a cup of water/almond milk/coconut water
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon of hemp protein powder (I used grass fed vanilla whey protein)
- 1 teaspoon of spirulina
Optional: 2 medjool dates (this sweetens it)
With a busy lifestyle, there’s always a high demand to try and find ways to increase your overall health without spending a ton of time trying to do so. Personally, I have found sea greens to be one of the better options for this because they fit right into my life and I can easily work around them. With these three sea greens above, you will easily see a difference in your results and you can appreciate what some of the other sea greens can do for you.
Have you ever used sea greens before? Did it make a difference to your health and wellbeing? Share your comments below!