Eat Greens Every Day is a platform that allows me to share my health experiences to hopefully help families achieve their best health ever. I love it! I hope you do too. :-)
After learning some things about nutrition, fitness and overall healthy living, I started applying my new found knowledge. The results blew me away. I have never been healthier, and the same can be said of my entire family. It didn’t take long before I had to share what I learned with others.
And the cool thing is - I’m not the only one! There are a ton of bloggers out there with a passion for healthy living, sharing their thoughts and recommendations with others.
Today I want to share with you some of my top picks for health blogs. In my humble opinion, these bloggers excel at what they do—providing some of the best health and wellness tips on the web.
6 Iron-Clad Health Blogs: Helping Readers Live the Good (AKA Healthy) Life
I’ve divided the 6 blogs into three groups: food/nutrition, fitness and mental/emotional health and wellbeing. These blogs offer high quality, reliable information and are always incredibly inspirational.
2 Must-Read Food and Nutrition Blogs
1. Deliciously Ella – Ella Mills is an award winning plant-based blogger. This isn’t a hippie-dippy rabbit food kind of plant-based recipe site, though. Mills loves food and always has, but in 2011 she was diagnosed with Postural Tachycardia Syndrome, which had a pretty devastating effect on her life, she literally couldn’t walk down the street and slept for 16 hours a day. She was able to reclaim her health with a plant-based diet. Now more than anything she wants her blog to show how easy and delicious healthy food is – it’s so much more than bland salads and iceberg lettuce. It’s all about incredibly flavoursome food that tastes amazing!
"I’d never have believed that I could come this far simply through a diet and lifestyle change; it is just incredible – better than any drug I tried by a long way." --Ella Mills
2. The Roasted Root – Meat lovers and veggie lovers alike will appreciate Julia Mueller’s blog. The Roasted Root is focused on nutrition, not whether you should eat a Paleo, vegetarian or gluten-free diet. Being nutritionally focused, Mueller creates healthful, whole-foods based recipes that are mouth-watering. I mean, can you really go wrong with Vegan Pulled Jackfruit Sandwiches with Peach Bourbon Barbecue Sauce? I think not!
"It is possible to enjoy meals that are healthful yet delicious and comforting." -- Julia Mueller
2 Must-Read Fitness Blogs
1. Nerd Fitness – Self-proclaimed “goober” Steve Kamb blogs about everything from power lifting and body fat percentages to weight loss success stories. His tagline: “I’m Steve Kamb. I’m a nerd. I deadlift.” Priceless stuff, I swear! Kamb’s target audience is “the Average Joe” and his goal is to fight the dark forces of fitness. In other words – there’s a lot of fitness B.S. out there and Kamb sheds light on what is really needed to live a healthy, fit life.
"We train with conviction and intelligence. We exercise because it’s fun." -- Steve Kamb
2. Fitness Blender – Created by Daniel and Kelli to give people workout videos free of charge. When you go to the Fitness Blender website, you will see full workout videos, exercises, and different health and fitness articles. Finding the right workout for you has never been so easy! Several of the workouts require no additional equipment, meaning that you don’t need to spend a fortune on exercise gear to get in shape. Also, Fitness Blender’s workouts don’t require much space, so you can easily complete them in the comfort of your home.
"Being healthy and fit is not as complicated or as expensive as most people make it out to be." -- Kelli Segars
2 Must-Read Blogs About Mental and Emotional Wellbeing and Happiness
1. Tiny Buddha – This has to be one of the most inspirational and balanced emotional health and wellness blogs I’ve come across. The information doesn’t get preachy; it’s just helpful. There are a variety of topics, ranging from why a simple life can lead to more happiness, to eye-opening sources of depression and anxiety we should all be aware of.
"Self-care is vital because it helps you to start believing in your own worth." -- Lauren Barber
2. Zen Habits – Writer and blogger Leo Babauta wants his readers to live the good life. He recommends a minimalist approach, a way of living that allows a person to take a much-needed deep breath in this fast-paced world. Babauta explains why people have a hard time making healthy choices. Learning what holds us back is one of the keys to finally being able to make lasting healthful changes.
"If we’re not aware of the stories we tell ourselves, we can’t understand how they shape our happiness, relationships, moods, and more." -- Leo Babauta
Some Honorable Mentions
Of course, this list is very limited. I could go on all day long about all of the great health blogs out there. Here are some honorable mentions that I think you should check out when you get the chance.
Tony Gentilcore – Because heavy things won’t lift themselves.
Green Kitchen Stories – A family blog promoting organic products and whole foods.
Chris Kresser – A global leader in integrative medicine, functionality and nutrition.
Jill Fit – Helping readers take responsibility for their health and happiness so they can live their most awesome life.
Health Blogs: A Community of Support
I encourage every single one of you to check out at least a couple of these awesome health blogs, if not all of them. They’ve been a source of inspiration to me and I’m positive they will be for you too.
Health blogs are a great way to get information that’s essential to your total health and wellbeing. And, you get that information at a great cost – free!
Let’s give our support to these bloggers who offer so much of themselves, including their time, passion and amazingly creative suggestions.
Go check out these awesome health blogs and make sure to comment when you read something you find helpful. Doing so will let these passionate bloggers know that people are finding value in their hard work.
What are your favorite health blogs? What helpful tips have you learned from your favorites? Let me know. Comment below or join the conversation on Facebook.