Have you decided to try eating healthier this year? If you’re anything like most people then you probably set yourself up for success by buying groceries, stocking your fridge and pantry, purchasing and reviewing a cool new cookbook. Come January 1st you were ready to go.
Well, my friends, it’s almost Spring. How are you doing with those healthy eating goals of yours? By this time of year, most people have either given up or are seriously struggling. Making dietary changes is important but not always easy.
Thankfully, the internet is full of helpful resources that help make life easier and to get the support you need. One resource that a lot of people are finding helpful right now is a meal delivery service.
This isn’t a service that sends pre-prepared foods to your door. Instead, it’s a service that makes cooking and healthy eating way easier. The meal delivery service that I’m trying out right now and want to tell you about today is called HelloFresh.
Making Life So Much Easier: Why I Think HelloFresh Is Awesome
HelloFresh is a meal delivery service that will send you seasonally fresh, quality foods and easy recipes. Here are just a few reasons why my family and I are really into this service right now.
1. HelloFresh is committed to delivering the best tasting foods. We’re smart people – we know that if something isn’t going to taste good, we’re not going to eat it. I don’t know about you, but I’m done trying to trick myself into thinking I’m really not like that. My taste buds crave satisfaction, and this goes double for my teenage son and nine-year-old daughter.
Fortunately, I’ve been able to find some really incredible recipe creators who have made the transition to healthier eating a lot easier. If the food tastes great, I’m going to eat it again – simple as that.
HelloFresh is a company that understands this. Their recipes are so, so good! And, I’m not the only one who thinks so. There are many who have transitioned to healthy eating because of the delicious, easy recipes and fresh ingredients.
As an example, one of the recipes they delivered to us this week was their Baked Parmesan Chicken Strips. This meal features chicken strips, rosemary potato wedges, green beans and a honey-mustard dipping sauce (see pic above).
2. They understand busy people. They know that finding a healthy recipe is the easy part. The hard part – or should I say, the time-consuming part – is the shopping and food prep. They do this for you. The ingredients show up on your doorstep in pre-measured quantities. All you have to do is cook. If you are like us, every morning we ask each other, "What's for supper tonight?" HelloFresh literally takes that conversation out of your lives and if you are like Jodi and I, this is a good thing most days.
3. HelloFresh understand the cooking dilemma many people have. They know that some people love to cook, but don’t love the time it takes to shop and prep. And, for those who don’t love cooking, we still get to keep our egos intact. We can still say we cooked a delicious meal; which is, by the way, a great way to score points with your wife or girlfriend on date night!
Take a moment to check out their featured recipes, like the Baked Parmesan Chicken Strips, and the mouth-watering photos. I honestly believe that with the help of HelloFresh you will actually start to enjoy your time in the kitchen.
3 HelloFresh Plans To Make Healthy Eating Easier
Besides understanding that parents, entrepreneurs, professionals and human beings in general are busy, HelloFresh also understands that we’re all different. So, they offer flexible meal plan packages.
1. Pronto Plan
A delicious, healthy meal in under thirty minutes? You bet! With the Pronto box you will get quick, fun, delicious ingredients and recipes.
2. Family Plan
This is the plan I think most of you will go for. If you’re busy parents like us (tennis practice, cheerleading practice, and sporting events pretty much every night of the week), the Family box is exactly what you need.
The Family box has kid-friendly meals that are healthier than most restaurants. And, the recipes are fun. It’s a great way to spend time with your kids and educate them from an early age how to make healthier choices.
3. Veggie Plan
The Veggie box was created for vegetarian subscribers, but these meals are a hit even with “meat and potatoes” kinds of eaters. This box contains fresh, seasonal vegetables, vegetarian protein options, and whole grains.
What I love about this plan is that it helps vegetarians eat a healthy diet. I’ve noticed that there are a ton of vegetarians and vegans out there who actually aren’t healthy. Why?
Some haven’t had enough practice in the kitchen. Others aren’t very educated about nutrients and how to eat a well-rounded vegetarian diet. Still others get overwhelmed by some of the delicious-yet-complicated vegetarian recipes out there.
HelloFresh makes vegetarian eating easy. Every subscriber – vegetarians included – receives nutrient-dense meals.
With HelloFresh, you can bet that the recipes and ingredients delivered to you are conducive to healthy eating and will make your dietary goals easier to achieve.
Where People Go Wrong With Healthy Eating
Most of us want to do a better job with our healthy eating goals because we want to feel better. Personally, I am starting to feel – but not necessarily act – my age. I’m almost 45, and I’m an ex-hockey player: my joints are feeling it! Plus, I want to prevent disease and increase energy, for myself, my kids, and my amazing wife, Jodi.
But healthy eating isn’t always easy. If you know what obstacles are likely to mess with your goals, you’ll be better equipped to plow through them.
1. Time: Lack of time is the biggest excuse – and I really hate to call it that because it’s valid – for people giving up on their healthy eating goals. Like I’ve said before, I completely understand having a busy lifestyle. I have one! I drive my son to and from tennis practice four nights a week; a two and a half hour round trip, which gets us home at 7:30 PM.
And I love it – I wouldn’t trade that time with my kid for anything. He’s learning to be a healthy, active human being, and we have so much fun together. But it doesn’t leave that much time to spend in the kitchen. With a meal delivery service like HelloFresh, it’s a win-win. We get to spend time together in the kitchen, cooking fresh, healthy meals, while saving time on shopping and prep.
2. Taste: Sometimes, healthy foods aren’t always the best tasting foods. There; I said it. Fortunately, there are those who have come before us, who have taste tested the worst of the worst in their mission to create mouth-watering recipes. We don’t have to suffer because they’ve already done that for us.
Whether you try the amazing recipes from HelloFresh or recipes from a health blogger, the fact is that there are ways to make healthy foods taste awesome. And, along the way you’ll find that certain foods you didn’t like before will start tasting better with the right preparation and complementary ingredients.
3. Difficulty: There are a lot of people who are just starting out in the kitchen and don’t feel like their cooking skills are up to par. When that’s the case, it’s just easier to eat out, especially on those super busy days. Plus, there are a lot of cookbooks on the market that have really difficult healthy recipes. These don’t inspire much confidence either.
But, cooking doesn’t have to be hard. With some practice, How To videos on YouTube, and a never-give-up attitude, cooking will not get way easier, even fun.
4. Education: Another problem people have is that they don’t know that much about healthy foods. They know that there are some they should avoid and some they should eat more of, but beyond – nothing. What is the result? Some people end up eating the most boring diet ever, while others cut out certain foods (like meat and dairy) but still eat fried, greasy takeout or chemical-filled protein bars and shakes.
By reading this blog and many others online and watching healthy cooking YouTube videos, you will increase your knowledge of what’s good for you and what’s not so great. Once you know that, killing cooking skills are just around the corner.
Nothing can be perfect and subscription boxes sometimes take longer to get to your home due to unexpected reasons. The first pack we ordered was delayed by three days due to the 2 snowstorms we had in one week. Therefore, when we received the first box, some of the produce/meat went bad.
This can be a huge problem, however HelloFresh handled it well, though. After I reached out to them, they understood the issue with the delay and they shipped out a new box to us the following week.
Shoutout to the incredible customer service.
Healthy Eating Can Be Uncomplicated & Delicious With A Meal Delivery Service
For the 99 percent of us who are cruising through life on all cylinders, HelloFresh is a great healthy eating resource. This awesome meal delivery service makes healthy eating uncomplicated, and will finally put an end to the question of “what’s for dinner?”
Still not convinced? Why not just give it a try for a week or two. It’s not like you’re going to be bound to the service for life. Give it a try; see how it works for you and your family. I have a feeling you’re going to find that HelloFresh makes your life so much simpler.
Discount On Your First Order
Are you ready to give HelloFresh a try? The folks at HelloFresh are extending a special offer to my readers! Follow this link and enter this promo code: EATGREEN50 to get 50 percent off your first order! Oh, and there’s free shipping!
Posted on 2017/03/06
by Chris Nadeau